Thank you so much for writing for me! I love all of these fandoms and I'm really looking forward to seeing whatever you write.
I wanted to start off by saying that optional details are entirely optional. If you have a brilliant idea for a story, please go ahead and write it, and don't worry about my specific requests. (Although if you can try to avoid my "do not wants," I'd appreciate that.)
Second, I'm flexible on both genre and rating. Action, introspection, plot, character studies, slice of life, gen, romance, tropes...it's all good. And so is anything from G to NC-17. Whatever the story calls for.
If you want more info:
Things I Like: In general, I'm a fan of first times of all kinds, competence (so much love for characters being competent!), friendship, understated romance, secrets being revealed, stories that draw on the characters' pasts, and stories that pick up dropped plot threads. Happy fic is good, and so is mild to moderate angst with a happy or hopeful or bittersweet ending. I also enjoy a good trope story. (Some of my favourite tropes can be found here, if you're interested.)
Things I'd Rather Not Read: Major power imbalances in romantic or sexual relationships (including Dom/sub and A/B/O), long and detailed descriptions of recoveries from traumatic events, permanent mental or physical injuries to major characters that don't occur in canon, and crack. I'd rather avoid complete AUs (coffee shop AUs, high school AUs, and so on), but what-if, fork-in-the-road AUs are totally fine. (The one exception to the no-AU rule is noir detective AUs. I'm always up for a good hardboiled detective story.)
Other Things: I have squicks but no triggers. I'm happy to read any rating of fic, but I'm not a huge fan of porn without plot--I like some lead up if it's going there at all. Character death is okay if that's where the story takes you, including main or requested characters. Non-con is fine in the background if it's helpful for the story, but I'd rather it not be the primary focus of the story.
Being Human US
Requested Characters: Any (Aidan Waite, Kat Neely, Nora Sergeant)
I was content with the ending of this show, but I can also see other ways it could have gone, so I'm pretty neutral on whether you want to keep the ending, change the ending, or write something set earlier in the show that has nothing to do with the ending. Whatever makes you happy.
I love Aidan's competence as a leader of vampires, his determination to stop being a monster despite all the forces against him, and the way he takes care of his roommates--not just protecting them, but making sure they're okay emotionally, and comforting them when they're not.
I love Kat's historical enthusiasm and general good sense, and I loved how adorable she and Aidan were together, and I love that she was wise enough to break up with Aidan when she learned the truth.
I love Nora's strength and the way she adapted to and learned to thrive in the whole supernatural world she was thrust into.
- Anything set during Kat and Aidan's relationship would be fun. Why Kat started dating him, or the two of them bonding over history, or Aidan meeting Kat's family or colleagues or whoever else she might have introduced him to.
- I loved Aidan and Nora's friendship in season four, and something set during the period when Josh was in full-time wolf mode could be interesting. Maybe something looking at how they navigated those early days and set up that elaborate system for covering for his absence?
- Anything about any of them at work could be interesting. Aidan's early days in medicine. Nora dealing with something mildly supernatural at work. Kat bringing in some obscure piece of history courtesy of Aidan. Etc.
- I'd also love to read anything post-series. What did Kat do after she left Aidan? Did she ever tell anyone about Aidan, or encounter the supernatural in some other form? Or what happened to Nora and Josh? Are there any stories there? Aidan, of course, doesn't really have a post-series existence, but if you wanted to write an alternate ending for him, I'd read that too. (You're welcome to include Aidan/Sally if you like, but I'd rather it not be the main focus of the story.)
Or scroll through the dear author tag for other ideas.
Requested Characters: Any (Gabriel Vaughn, Riley Neal, Lillian Strand)
This show ended way too soon, leaving a myriad of possibilities unexplored, and so I really just want more about these characters set in this world.
I love Gabriel's integrity and courage. I love that Riley was more of a rebel than anyone expected, agreeing to protect Gabriel but refusing to be the one to keep him in line, and I love that she keeps reminding everyone--including Gabriel--that he's human. I love that both of them tend to do what they think is right, rather than what they've been ordered to do. I love that Lillian managed to navigate her way to the top without losing her conscience. I love that all three of them are supremely competent, and that they all get chances to shine.
(I've been fortunate enough to receive several fics in this fandom in past exchanges, and I loved every one of those fics. I also really, really love Intelligence, and will happily read dozens and dozens of stories featuring these characters. This isn't a fandom where I wanted to read one particular story--it's a fandom where I want to read all the stories.)
- Case fic, particularly if it features creative uses for the chip.
- The early days of Clockwork. How Lillian got it off the ground or what happened during the first six months. (I love Shen Cassidy too, so if you want to highlight his relationship with Lillian or Gabriel or both, that would be great too.)
- Anything about any of the unfinished plots. Tracking down the remaining Tigers or Leland Strand's real plans or what happens with Gabriel finds out that Lillian has been hiding information about Amelia.
- Engagement with family or old friends. Maybe someone from the past re-emerges via a wedding or illness or reunion or involvement in something dire that puts their lives in danger? Or maybe Norris comes back to town and really tries to find out what's going on, or someone from Riley's Secret Service days checks on her, or maybe something about Lillian's early days with Tetazoo.
- Gabriel being forced by circumstance to do something chippy in front of someone who shouldn't know. Family member, friend, neighbour, someone he previous helped, random person on the street...whatever.
- How any of them got to be where they are.
- If you want to go shippy, I'll happily read Riley/Gabriel, including classic tropes like drunken confessions or fake marriage. Or however else you want to put them together. But I'm equally happy with gen.
And again, you can look through past requests if you want more suggestions.
Requested Characters: Charlie Crews
This show is an old favourite of mine that never quite got the attention it deserved. Only one character request here, so you can pretty much mix him with whoever you want.
I really liked Charlie's optimism despite all he went through, and his joy in so many little things, and his compassion for nearly everyone, and the fact that he turned out to be a startlingly good detective.
- I wouldn't mind seeing more about Charlie and Constance. How they won their case, or Constance's role in Charlie's early days after he was released, or what happens to them both later. If you want to go shippy here, I wouldn't mind that either.
- I'd be interested in seeing what happens when Charlie finally meets Olivia (regardless of who she ends up with).
- I'd love to see if and how Charlie and Rachel eventually reconcile, and how things go once Charlie is (possibly) freed from his obsession.
- Or any sort of slice-of-life or case fic would be great. Charlie and Dani, who proved to be excellent partners together. Charlie with Stark, who probably feels tremendous guilt about how things went. Charlie and Seever, who was just awesome.
Whatever you want to write, really.
Requested Characters: Any (Alex Reid, Joel Goran)
I'm still kind of in denial about Joel's death, so if you'd like to ignore that and write an alternate start to season four, that would be awesome. On the other hand, if you want to write about the fall-out from his death, I'll read that too. And while I am partial to Alex/Joel, if you'd rather write Alex/Charlie (or keep it straight gen all the way through), that's absolutely fine.
- Obviously, anything post-season three would be loved, and I'll read any combination of who the baby's father is and who Alex chooses to end up with.
- I really loved Joel stepping up and saying he wanted to do better than his own father, and I'd be interested in anything about his relationship with his father. How it changed over the years. How his father went from hero to barely tolerated. The wedding. The five weddings. What might have happened if Joel had become the baby's father.
- I loved Alex's friendships with Dana and with Shahir, and anything more about that--either at work or on their off-time would be fun.
- Anything from another point in time--medical school or Joel's global wanderings or Alex's early years at Hope Zion--would be great.
- I'm also a sucker for crisis fic, either dealing with a crisis in the hospital, or having to use their skills in a crisis outside the hospital.
- Or I'll totally take a warm and fuzzy Alex/Joel story, if you're inclined to write one. Preferably something where Joel really has grown and learned from past mistakes.
- Alternately, I'll happily read something about them as friends. First season friends when Joel is doing his best to be supportive, or third season friends, when the friendship is building to something more. Whatever you like.
- Other characters are absolutely welcome! Charlie, Melanda, Zach, Dana, Shahir, Maggie, Sydney, Dawn...whoever you like.
This entry was originally posted at http://skieswideopen.dreamwidth.org/176142.html, where it has comments. Comments are equally welcome on either entry.