Thank you so much for writing for me! I'm excited to read whatever you write.
ODAO: I've tried to provide some prompts as a starting point and to give you an idea of the kinds of things I like, but if you have a great story about one of these pairings that you're aching to write, please run with it! Or if none of the specific prompts work for you but some of my general likes do, feel free to use those instead. That's why they're there.
I'm skieswideopen at AO3 too, and I’m over 18.
Things I Like: Competence (so much love for characters being competent!), secrets coming out (by choice, by chance, or by necessity), equal partnerships in romantic relationships, friends to lovers, brief moments of emotional vulnerability from generally stoic characters, learning something new about a character, first times/how they get together, that magical moment when both sides realize their feelings are mutual, and stories that pick up dropped plot threads. Favourite tropes include road trips, forced proximity (handcuffed together, snowed in, trapped in an elevator, hostages in a bank robbery, etc.), truth serum/in vino veritas, undercover as a couple (or spontaneously posing as a couple to avoid detection), introductions to family, heading home for weddings, funerals, holidays, or high school reunions.
Things I Don't Want: Infidelity in requested pairings, permanent injuries that don't occur in canon, long and detailed descriptions of recovering from traumatic events. I'd also like avoid AUs that significantly alter the premise, setting or character roles: coffee shop AUs, high school AUs, hospital AUs, A/B/O, D/s AUs, soulmate AUs, etc. (Canon divergence is totally fine.) Finally, while I'm normally good with character death, for this particular exchange, I'd rather if none of my requested characters die of anything other than old age. Feel free to kill off any other characters you want to, though.
Other Things: I have squicks but no triggers. I'm fine with characters other than the requested characters dying. Background non-con is fine if it's helpful for the story, but I'd rather it not be the primary focus. Dubcon is fine as long as both sides are equally compromised (i.e., one character isn't deliberately taking advantage of the other). I'm equally fine with both present and past tense. I dislike plots that revolve around misunderstandings that could be cleared up with a simple conversation. For this particular exchange, I'd prefer a happy ending for the pairing, although angst in other respects is fine.
Requested pairing: Maya Kandinski/Morgan Pym
The show pulled off the miracle of finding a way to let Maya find out what Morgan really does without going to hell, and then promptly ended. I'd love to see how they finally get together and/or a little more of how their relationship develops after Maya knows: seeing Maya learn more about what collectors do, or hearing stories about Morgan's past, or just making use of the fact that Maya is the only person Morgan sees regularly who knows the truth.
- How they finally get together fic always makes me happy.
- How does Morgan finally overcome his hesitations about having a relationship?
- How does Maya feel about who Morgan is and what he does?
- How much does Morgan tell her about his past?
- There's a substantial difference in age and experience; how does that affect things?
- Does Maya ever meet any of the other people Morgan has saved?
- Does Maya ever demand he follow up on his confession of love?
- Do God or the devil have a plan for them? Can Morgan thwart them?
Requested pairing: Eyal Lavin/Annie Walker
A pairing that feeds into my extreme love of competence! After all the endless flirting and near-moments, I'd love anything that finally puts Annie and Eyal together, ideally with a reasonable shot at happiness. Maybe something post-series, if their other relationships don't work out? Or maybe a detour from somewhere along the way.
- How they finally get together fic always makes me happy.
- I'd love anything that draws on the banter of their early days, or the I'd-do-anything-for-you dedication of later on, or their general competence at everything.
- Half of their relationship seems to depend on random encounters, so maybe there's another random encounter when they're both free to start something. Do they finally make it to the Riviera?
- Annie so often calls on Eyal for help; perhaps he finally calls in one of those favours? Someone is targeting his family and there's a mole in Mossad, so he needs someone from the outside? Or some other favour?
- Annie runs into Eyal when she's with Danielle (and possibly Danielle's family), in California or on vacation. How does Annie explain who Eyal is? Does Danielle try to play matchmaker? Are Annie and Eyal forced to reveal more than they'd like to Danielle's husband after a dangerous incident?
- What if, in 2.13 "A Girl Like You," the FBI were to successfully arrest Cardinal and Annie were to return to the hotel room to free Eyal. What happens next?
- I like the way Eyal so often looks after Annie in small, practical ways--cleaning her wounds, cooking for her, making sure their escape routes are secure--so something drawing on this might be fun.
- Maybe post-series, Annie decides visiting Israel is more appealing than either of her other options.
- How often do they keep in touch outside of the times they meet in person? Do they ever just call to chat?
A fandom-specific DNW: Both Annie and Eyal end the series heading towards or in serious relationships with other people. If a story is set post-series, I'd much prefer it if those relationships end before they get together. Maybe they end things because they can't stop thinking of each other, or it's just not working for them, or McQuaid or Ronit leave them. Whatever leaves them single.
Requested pairing: Patrick Jane/Walter Mashburn
Jane and Mashburn are a lot of fun together. Mashburn clearly finds Jane entertaining and Jane can't resist being the centre of attention. I'm happy to take anything from casual one night stand to die-for-you serious here, as long as they get a little time together.
- There's the potential for some anxiety in the Red John days, when Jane is prepared to sacrifice everything to end Red John. Is Jane worried about that? Is Mashburn?
- Might things have been different if Jane had been in a relationship with Mashburn at the time he killed Red John? Or what if Mashburn showed up while Jane was in exiled and offered to fix things so Jane could come home?
- Perhaps a random encounter in Texas in season 6, pre-Jane/Lisbon (or if Lisbon had moved to Seattle)?
- In general, who would initiate things? How would they go about winning the other over?
- How might they celebrate a birthday? A holiday? Where would they go on vacation? This entry was originally posted at https://skieswideopen.dreamwidth.org/254699.html, where it has comments. Comments are equally welcome on either entry.